Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Banana And Choco-Chips Muffins

This post got a bit delayed. Actually these muffins were made by my "Almost Eight" (as she keeps reminding me) daughter in mid March and the reason for this delay is that she insisted on writing this post herself. As you all (who have patience to follow my posts) know that March was Donna Hay month (check here and here) and I was going through Zoe's post about the said Banana Chocchips Muffins, Saee (my daughter) also saw the post and immediately got charged up, seeing Zoe's kid doing the stuff, and insisted on making the same muffins by herself.

                                                               ( The Teddy got burnt :( )
    

Another reason for delay is that we went for a much needed vacation to Mahabaleshwar and we had a blast there. But that also meant no net connection and the post kept on postponing. Anyways now that we are back ( & rejuvenated) I m planning on baking up a storm as we have two birthdays this week and also I picked up loads of Strawberries and Mulberries at Mahabaleshwar :).
Here are some of the pics.
                                                        Beautiful Hills of Mahabaleshwar

                                                              Sunset at Venna Lake

                                                                      Enjoying a Trail




Now I'll hand over to Saee.

Hi everybody,
My name is Saee and I will be 8 years old this week. I made banana muffins with my mother and we had lots of fun making them. Here is how I made it.
First I mashed bananas.



Then I mixed everything in a bowl.




Mom gave me chocolate chips and I added them to the bowl and also my mashed banana.


 Then we put everything in muffin cups and baked it.


It was really fun and I want to do it again.

Bye bye,
Saee

 Adapted from Zoe
Banana Choco-chips Muffins
Ingredients:
2 cups (300g) plain flour, sifted
1tbsp baking powder, sifted
1 cup (220g) caster sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup mashed banana
135g dark chocolate chips

Method:
Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the flour, baking powder, sugar, eggs, oil, buttermilk and vanilla in a bowl and mix until just combined. Gently fold through the banana and chocolate chips. Divide the mixture between 12 x 1/2 cup capacity (125 ml) muffin tins lined with paper patty cases and bake for 25-30 min or until golden or cooked when test with a skewer. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar to serve. Make 12. (We made 12 muffins plus two 5 inch teddy bear mini cakes).

                                                                    Saee with her batch
                                                       Plz ignore the mess in the background :)

19 comments:

  1. You can never go wrong when you combine banana and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely. I have made them recently too, bananas have a wonderful taste in cakes as well. Love your little one, well trained!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like bananas in my bakes too. Thanx for visiting dear. Howz your vacation going?

      Delete
  3. looks just awesum..n nice cliks.ur cutie done dis perfectly..
    maha

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be very proud of your little chef. She made these muffins very well! I'm happy that Saee loves and enjoys her bakes :D My son has been pestering me too for more baking... and he is very disappointed when I told that we can only do this after our Apr holidays :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure am Zoe :).
      I think we should start a bloghop for our baking enthu kids :)

      Delete
  5. Hi, nice combo banana with choco chip miffin. Your young baker so cute and sweet. :)

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Amelia. BTW I saw your blog and it's AWESOME

      Delete
  6. Ahhhh so cute...she did a great job! Were the teddies made in a silicone mould? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful muffins, Saee! Well done! I wish I could share some with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi anuja, you must be really proud of your daughter!! and as i was reading what she wrote, i cant stop smiling at it. I'm sure we will see more of Saee in action!! yeah, she said she wants to do it again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I m! She was very excited to write her first post. now she is pestering me to start her own blog! LOL

      Delete
  9. Bravo to the adorable mini chef! Looks great even though the teddy got burnt. Just topped with whipped cream & it'll looks fab! That's what my sons said every time I burnt my cupcakes & muffins!! LOL Hugs to you & sweet Saee! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very helpful advice LOL. Your sons are very clever.
      Hugs to you too :)

      Delete
  10. Great post! I love banana and chocolate and Saee is a budding baker and blogger, following in your footsteps I see :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...